● What information does TTP collect from me?
● How is information collected by TTP used and shared?
● What else should I know about Anonymous Information collected by TTP?
● Will TTP send me text messages?
● How does TTP protect my information?
● Does TTP collect payment card information?
● Does TTP use other third party service providers?
● Can I choose to stop receiving communications from TTP?
● Can children use the TTP website?
● What if I live in California?
● What if I live outside the United States?
● What if I live in Canada?
● What if I follow a link to a third party website?
● How do I contact TTP?
WHAT INFORMATION DOES TTP COLLECT FROM ME?
A. Information You Provide to Us.
- For Website Visitors. When you visit the Site, we provide you with the opportunity to subscribe to our regular newsletter by providing your first and last name, email address, company name, and job title in the “Subscribe to the Traction Report” field appearing on our home page, or the web form appearing on our “Traction Report Newsletter” page. If you would like to schedule a demo of one of the platforms for our Councils (defined below), we ask you to provide us with your first and last name, phone number, and email address in order to confirm your online appointment. You can also send us a message using our online web form on our “Contact” page by providing your first and last name and email address along with your message.
- For Applicants to Our Startup Challenges. We invite startups to apply for the opportunity to participate in one of our industry-focused challenges meant to facilitate connections between startups and enterprise customers, IT decision makers, CIOs, CMOs, and other business leaders. Our web form applications can be accessed via links accessible on our home page and embedded in the persistent footer of our Site. We ask applicants to provide their first and last name, email address, company name and job title, and various information about their company, products and services, customers and competitors, and sometimes we request additional media if available (such as product demo videos). TTP collects this information to consider whether to extend certain opportunities to startups and to promote their business. Application questions may change over time.
- For Applicants to our Councils. Our Site provides links to various membership organizations – we call them “Councils” – which we support jointly with third party partners. When you click on these links, you will be re-directed away from our Site to a website operated or powered by one of these partners, and any personal information you submit in connection with your Council membership application is provided to the applicable partner organization and not to us. However, our partners then share that information with us in order for us to provide Council services to you.
- For Applicants to the Velocity Network. We operate the Velocity Network on behalf of Charles River Ventures and General Catalyst to connect leading technology companies with decision-makers and enterprise buyers of technology. When joining the network, we ask you to share your company’s name and website, your CEO/Founder’s name and email address(es), as well as additional information about your business, products and services, employees, investors and funding rounds, social media outlets for your company, and about your competitors, customers, and the accounts you are targeting for the future. Please note that applicants do not need to provide confidential or sensitive business information to us in connection with their application and do so voluntarily and at their own risk. We are always looking to include new members in the network and we request the information detailed above during the sign-up process in order to match your company with the right enterprise decision makers and prospective customers.
- For Everyone. Please also be advised that if you contact us by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, in order to respond to you.
B. Information We Collect About Your Interaction With The Site.
We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Site without identifying you as an individual (“Anonymous Information”), by using cookies or other technologies. For example, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, and information about the device you are using (such as whether it is a mobile device or a desktop computer). We may use Anonymous Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons. Please refer to the “WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TTP?” section below for more information about Anonymous Information collected by our Analytics Partners.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TTP USED AND SHARED?
A. How We May use your information.
We may use the information we collect from and about you through the Site for any of the following purposes: (i) to operate the Site and to provide products and services to you, (ii) to evaluate you or your company for membership or participation in our network or various startup challenges, (iii) to respond to your requests and inquiries, (iv) to contact you and to communicate with you in order to respond to your requests for additional information, (v) to send you newsletters, industry alerts, and updates about our organization, (vi) to notify you about important changes to the Site or our products and services, (vii) to review Site usage and operations and to improve the content and functionality of the Site, (viii) to protect the security or integrity of the Site or our organization, or (ix) to tailor the Site to your needs and the needs of other visitors.
B. How We May Share Your Information.
TTP does not sell, lease or rent the personal information you share with us on or through the Site with third parties and will not do so in the future without your express consent. However, we may share your personal information with one of our third party partner organizations in connection with your membership in one of our Councils, to facilitate that Council’s activities and functions, and generally to support our partner’s business activities. For clarity, your membership in our network or any of our Councils is voluntary and we will only share your personal information with our partner associated with the Council you have chosen to join. Any such partner who receives your personal information from us may use that information for any purposes within their sole discretion. TTP may also disclose your personal information to third parties (i) as required by law or regulation or as we believe in good faith that disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to: (1) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (2) to respond to claims and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, (3) to protect and defend our rights or property and/or the rights or property of third parties, as permitted by law, or (4) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or (ii) with our service providers that provide certain services to maintain and operate the Site or to help us deliver products and services to you.
C. Direct Marketing.
We may send out marketing communications (such as a newsletter) to subscribers of our Traction Report, Velocity Report, and other newsletters, to Council members, and to participants in the Velocity Network, in order to provide updates about our products and services, to discuss industry happenings and provide our commentary, and to announce upcoming events and opportunities. We will only use your personal information for direct marketing if you expressly give us consent to do so. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and/or communications with us.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TTP?
A. Analytics Partners.
- “Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective website more efficient. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
- “Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device.
Our Analytics Partners may use these or other techniques to collect Anonymous Information about your visit to our Site. In order to make sure you understand how our Analytics Partners handle your information and how they interact with our Site, we have shared hyperlinks below to their policies. We encourage you to review these terms as TTP has no ability to control or monitor our Analytics Partners’ data collection or data use practices.
- Google Analytics — TTP partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our Site. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
- Squarespace — TTP partners with Squarespace to host and provide insight into our Site. Squarespace terms are available here: https://www.squarespace.com/terms-of-service/
- HubSpot — TTP partners with HubSpot to provide insight into our Site. HubSpot’s terms are available here: http://legal.hubspot.com/terms-of-service
C. Third Party Advertising.
We may present you with options on our Site or via email to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their tracking technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Site or link to them from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
WILL TTP SEND ME TEXT MESSAGES?
At this time we will not send you notifications, alerts or other communications via text message unless you opt in to receive such messages as a member of our network (which you can control in Settings).
HOW DOES TTP PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
TTP uses reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to secure the personal information you share with us. Regardless of the precautions taken by us or by you, no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personal information to us at your own risk.
DOES TTP COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
TTP does not collect credit and debit card information on or through the Site and kindly asks you not to share this information with us when submitting requests for additional information.
DOES TTP USE OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS?
In order to send you our newsletter and certain other communications, we use third party service providers and APIs. For example, these third-party services help us build contact lists, prepare communications for distribution, and host our website platform. Your personal information may be processed by these third-party services in order for us to utilize their tools.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM TTP?
You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other electronic communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a TTP message.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE TTP WEBSITE?
We do not intentionally gather information from individuals who are under the age of 13. Upon notification that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Site visitors who are California residents and who have provided us with "personal information" (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us by writing to: Traction Technology Partners, 603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101, New York, NY 10014.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CANADA?
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own personal information collected by TTP by writing to: Traction Technology Partners, 603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101, New York, NY 10014. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE?
HOW DO I CONTACT TTP?
Traction Technology Partners
603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101
New York, NY 10014.
© COPYRIGHT 2017 TRACTION TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.